Saturday, April 21, 2007

FINLAND ROCKS

Here is Kotiteollisuus from Lappeenranta, Karelia:



For some reason or the other, my 6-month year old niece Aino loves them. She starts to "sing" immedeately when you put on a Kotiteollisuus cd. Seriously. Last Easter when we went to our summer cottage in Kesälahti and put on the Kotiteollisuus cd when we reached Lappeenranta (old family tradition), Aino started to sing. The little munchkin just sang, giggled and sang the rest of our road trip. I do not know, have they inserted some hidden baby-activating components to their songs, that adults can not hear ??? Or is Aino realising on some level, that "this dude sings the same language as my Mom and Dad (and favourite auntie, of course !) are talking". Aino is certainly used to metal-music, as my brother and sister-in-law are listening to it a lot. Well, basically all the time. Aino "sings" along other metal-bands, too. But the strongest reaction is always to Kotiteollisuus. Strange, huh ???


This song "Jos Sanon", is from "Tomusta ja Tuhkasta" cd (published 2000). I simply love this song because of the lyrics:
"Jos sanon, ett taivas on musta
se on niin musta kun tahdon sen olevan ja
jos sanon, ett maailma ei pyöri
se ei silloin pyöri, jumalauta"

1 comment:

Anniina said...

I'm sorry - while I think the video is great, metal doesn't do it for me. I'm not as cool as your baby-niece, I know. But you've always known my taste in music isn't very "cool", more 12-yr-old-girl "poppy".